May 20, 2011

NEWSLETTER: APRIL 2011

International Artist Residencies 

in Berlin and Australia means

time to work on my Tiger Pelt Project. 

Loads of knitting to do!!

May = Berlin.   
August = Melbourne.   
& More updates below!!!


RS PROJECTS

Dam, Stuhltrager Gallery who represents me in Berlin, Germany has kindly me invited for a one month residency in conjunction with RS Projects.

MONTSALVAT

I finally get to go to my home town, 
be with my family and get to work 
on more knitted tiger pelts! Montsalvat 
is the oldest artist colony in Australia.

NOW ONLINE

You're a click from my Big Cat Gallery update!
See new additions:
- Renee
- Tiger #70374



You're a click from my News page!
Freshly added links:
- Vogue Knitting article

- Textile Museum PR
- Lionbrand intvw podcast

&
- Lehman gallery PR (Show ends soon!)




Bye for now, Ruth! X

MORE NEWS

- Lela Nargi of Twist Collective is publishing an article about my work.

- "Craft Activism" by Gale Zucker & Joan Tapper / published by Random House will be out on a book shelf near you THIS FALL! It includes a section about me, along with a knit design.

- Lionbrand yarn store in NYC (my sponsor for my Tiger Pelt Project) will exhibit one of my tiger pelts this November.

MY FIRST SOLO MUSEUM EXHIBIT

April, 2012 at
UMAINE Museum of Art
Bangor, Maine!

LETS HELP ANIMALS!
Tony needs help!  Animal Legal Defense Fund  - is fighting to revoke the permit that allows Tony, a ten-year-old Siberian-Bengal tiger, to be displayed at the Tiger Truck Stop in Louisiana, where he has lived with no other tiger companions since 2003.  Please take a moment to sign the petition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

join mailing list
* indicates required